China News Service, July 22. According to Japanese media reports, on the 22nd Beijing time, the Tokyo Olympic Organizing Committee announced the dismissal of the director of the opening and closing ceremonies of the Olympic Games Kentaro Kobayashi.
Seiko Hashimoto, chairman of the Tokyo Olympic Organizing Committee, announced the decision and apologized to the outside world.
It is reported that Kentaro Kobayashi was fired because he was recently condemned by Jewish groups, accusing him of participating in the production of videos imitating the Jewish Holocaust.
Entering 2021, there have been constant disturbances about the opening and closing ceremonies of the Tokyo Olympics.
In March of this year, Hiroshi Sasaki, the planning and performance director of the opening and closing ceremonies of the Tokyo Olympics, was accused of making insulting remarks to a female artist, so he issued a letter of apology and announced his resignation.
According to the report, Sasaki Hiroshi’s proposal for the performance of female artist Naomi Watanabe included the English word “pig” which means pig to present the role of “Olympig” in a witty way.
Watanabe Naomi is 33 years old and is a Japanese female comedian, host, actor and singer.
After Sasaki Hiroshi's remarks were exposed, they caused great repercussions in Japan.
Sasaki Hiroshi issued an apology letter saying: "For Ms. Watanabe Naomi, my thoughts and remarks are a huge insult. This is unforgivable. I express my deepest apologies and regrets to her and all those who have been offended."
On June 22, local time, Tokyo, Japan, Japan’s New National Stadium, this is the main venue of the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
Image source: Visual China
Hiroshi Sasaki served as the director of the 2016 Rio Olympics closing ceremony "Tokyo 8 Minutes", allowing former Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe to appear in the 2016 Rio Olympics closing ceremony with the image of Mario in the popular game "Super Mario Bros.".
Hiroshi Sasaki also directed the first anniversary of the countdown to the opening of the Tokyo Olympics on July 23 last year.
And just the day before yesterday, according to Japanese media reports, the Japanese musician Keigo Koyamada, who was exposed to bullying the disabled, submitted his resignation to the Tokyo Olympic Organizing Committee and will no longer be responsible for the composition of the opening ceremony of the Tokyo Olympics.
The 52-year-old Koyamada Keigo was dug up by the Japanese media not long ago. In an interview with a magazine in the 1990s, he exposed that he had bullied classmates with disabilities as a student, which caused dissatisfaction from all walks of life.
Some people think that Koyamada's character no longer meets the requirements of the Olympic Games.
Koyamada Keigo published an apology article on his personal social media platform on the 19th and said that he had resigned to the Tokyo Olympic Organizing Committee.
The Tokyo Olympic Organizing Committee responded that Koyamada Keigo’s behavior was unacceptable and agreed to his resignation.
Toshiro Muto, chief executive of the Tokyo Olympic Organizing Committee, said that the music composed by Koyamada has 4 minutes in the opening ceremony music, and this piece of music will not be used.
Tomorrow night, the opening ceremony of the Tokyo Olympics will kick off at the New National Arena in Japan. Now the successive dismissals from composer to director have also made the outside world worry about whether it will affect the presentation of this grand event.
In any case, whether it is the opening and closing ceremonies of the Tokyo Olympics or the events that have already started, they can no longer bear more blows.