From the former 24 teams, only eight are left to fight for the title at the European Football Championship.
In Daniel Memmert and Fabian Wunderlich's European Championship forecast, the French were at the forefront at the beginning and before the round of 16.
But after the dramatic end on penalties against Switzerland, a new favorite is needed.
And that's ... England.
Responsible editor for Sport Online.
Follow I follow
After defeating Germany at Wembley Stadium, the "Three Lions" have a chance of winning a title of exactly 30 percent. They are followed by Spain, which still had serious problems in the preliminary round (22.3 percent), as well as Italy (17.8) and Belgium (11.5), who will now meet in the quarter-finals. Only outsiders are Denmark (8.5), Switzerland (3.6), the Czech Republic (3.5) and Ukraine (2.7). We are a little smarter already after the round of the top eight.
This Friday (6 p.m. in the FAZ live ticker for the European Football Championship, on ZDF and on MagentaTV), Switzerland will meet Spain first. In the duel in St. Petersburg, the roles are fairly clearly distributed according to the EM forecast, even if the Spaniards had some trouble against Croatia before and the Confederates sensationally eliminated the world champion. Now, however, the Spaniards have a 71.4 percent chance of winning, compared to just 28.6 percent for the Swiss.
Then (9 p.m. in the FAZ live ticker for the European Football Championship, on ZDF and on MagentaTV) there will be a game in Munich that some would have liked to see as the final: Belgium against Italy.
And the eternal secret favorite from Belgium is actually threatened with the end in the quarter-finals.
The chances of advancing are only 43.8 percent, the Italians, on the other hand, are allowed to plan the semifinals with a probability of 56.2 percent.
And what do I do with my knowledge now? The best thing to do is to try your luck in the EM prediction game on FAZ.NET. There are prizes worth a total of 8,000 euros to be won.
And what do I do with my knowledge now?
The best thing to do is to try your luck in the EM prediction game on FAZ.NET.
There are prizes worth a total of 8,000 euros to be won.