After the unsuccessful protest before the European football team's game against France, the police are investigating various offenses under the Criminal Code and the Aviation Act.

The Munich police headquarters announced this Wednesday.

A 38-year-old man from Baden-Württemberg landed on the pitch in the Munich EM arena with a paramotor on the evening before the football game kicked off and injured two men who came to the hospital.

The pilot was arrested and his plane was seized.

"The Munich Police Headquarters emphasizes that there is no understanding of such irresponsible actions, in which a considerable risk to human life is accepted," said the police report.

There was also criticism from other quarters of the unsuccessful action by the environmental organization Greenpeace, which was planned as a protest against the sponsor Volkswagen.

Söder: "No trivial offense"

Bavaria's Prime Minister Markus Söder (CSU) announced consequences.

"That will be dealt with precisely, these are clear violations," he told Bayerischer Rundfunk.

"This is no trivial offense."

The action had caused a moment of shock for the spectators in the stadium and in front of the TVs shortly before the start of the European Championship game between Germany and France: The paramotor plane stumbled over the Munich arena and came dangerously close to spectators before it rudely landed on the lawn.

The European Football Union UEFA spoke of a “ruthless and dangerous action” that could have had serious consequences for many people.

The German Football Association also condemned the protest.

Actually, according to Greenpeace, everything should have been completely different.

The environmental organization asked Volkswagen on Twitter to stop selling climate-damaging diesel and gasoline cars.

To do this, the pilot should let a large yellow ball sink into the arena before the start of the game.

He got caught in a steel cable construction on the stadium roof and went into a tailspin, so that he sank down into the stadium.

A spokesman admitted while the game was running that the action had failed - and apologized.

"We are so sorry," he told the German press agency.

On the Greenpeace Twitter account it was said: “This protest never had the intention of disrupting the game or injuring people.” Greenpeace actions are always peaceful and non-violent.