China News Network, March 30th. Local time On the 29th, the ITTF Executive Committee held another meeting to further discuss the impact of the new crown pneumonia epidemic on the international table tennis tournament schedule. ITTF made five decisions, including freezing the March world rankings and voluntary senior salary cuts.
ITTF official social media screenshot
Due to the uncertainty caused by the global spread of the new crown pneumonia epidemic and the postponement of the 2020 Tokyo Olympics and Paralympics, from the perspective of ensuring the safety and health of all players, coaches, staff and fans, the ITTF made the following Decided:
1. Suspend all ITTF events and activities that require international travel before June 30, 2020.
2. The holding of the Asiana Bank 2020 World Table Tennis Team Championship will be further postponed. The specific time will be announced next week.
3. Freeze the March world rankings, further evaluate various impacts due to complex conditions such as event delays and travel restrictions, and reserve the possibility of making further adjustments as needed.
4. After the time of the Tokyo Olympics is determined, adjust the qualification schedule for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics and the Tokyo Paralympic Games.
5. The ITTF Executive Committee agreed to reduce expenses, and senior management voluntarily cut their salaries to reduce financial pressure in 2020. At the same time, ITTF will reduce overall costs in other areas.
The above decision will replace the decision adopted at the Executive Committee meeting on March 16. ITTF will also meet again on April 15 to further evaluate the situation. (Finish)