The dream for many football players is to represent their national team. Dejan Kulusevski did not believe the news himself when he learned.
- I was training, I had completely forgotten that the calling was that day. When the training was over, I stayed with a friend and practiced some free kicks. Then (Riccardo) Gagliolo came out and shouted that I had been called. 'Called what then?' did I ask. "To the national team," he said, but I didn't believe it. I went into the dressing room and checked and then it was right, he tells SVT Sport.
But the surprise was welcome.
- That's what you've been dreaming of, I'm very proud and happy to be here, he says.
- I got a little quiet, I didn't expect it so I became a bit: 'wow, I'm with'."Much patience"
Dejan Kulusevski is only 19 years old, but he has already had four years as a foreign professional. But moving abroad early does not always mean that the road is paved.
- It has not been straight, but I have always had fun when I have played and felt that I am getting better. It's a lot of patience.
The contract with Parma (where he is loaned from Atalanta) expires after the season, but what happens after that may prove to be the future.
- I just want to get better at football. The most important thing is to feel good, so I just want to feel good for the day and get better at football. There is a lot of talk about clubs but I have my feet on earth. I have a contract with Parma for the year, and then I will stay all year, and when it is time to choose a new club, I will do what is best for me.
But right now it's hard to feel better about life than Dejan Kulusevski does.
- Of ten, it's an eleven, so I'm fine right now.