Despite being down 0-2 against IFK Norrköping at the break, Danielson and Djurgården managed to collect and score two goals in the second half, which was enough to secure the gold. Then a celebration awaited that is still in full swing.
- It was a few hours of celebration in Norrköping and then we had a very good bus ride home.
Prior to the season Djurgården was brought in coach duos from Sirius, Kim Bergstrand and Thomas Lagerlöf. A duo that led Djurgården in the right direction.
- They came in with a different thinking and way of playing, a little clearer guidelines. Last year, it was pretty free in our offensive, how the offensive players would move. We have had slightly clearer guidelines this year. We have also had a slightly clearer basis to fall back on when it has not fully sued.Have a job next to football
For Marcus Danielson, this season has not only meant SM gold with Djurgården. The 30-year-old has made his debut in the national team, where he also scored goals in the European Championship qualifiers.
- It has been an amazing year where things have happened that I absolutely did not think would happen.
Unlike many others, Marcus Danielson has a job alongside football, as an economist at an accounting firm.
- It's been important to me. When I was playing in Sundsvall, I plugged along. Last year here in Djurgården I had only the football and nothing aside. Then I felt that there was something missing to stimulate the brain and gain experience even alongside the plan.
At the age of 30, he has not yet been a foreign professional and gives the Djurgård supporters a fairly safe message.
- Of course, that dream is always there. At the same time, I extended my contract with Djurgården and have three years left. I enjoy it very well and now we will play the Champions League as well.
Here is Djurgården's gold celebration:
The browser is not supported
SVT does not support playback in your browser. We therefore recommend that you switch to another browser.
Learn more about browser support