Late last night, a happy Tyson Fury weighed in at 115 kilos before the meeting with Swedish Otto Wallin.
But the World Cup champion's career seemed to be over for a while. After the sensational victory against heavyweight king Wladimir Klitschko in November 2015, the British went into a deep depression and began to abuse alcohol and cocaine.
The boxer swelled to over 180 kilos and has previously stated that he desperately drove his Ferrari for over 300 kilometers per hour against a bridge.
For SVT Sport, the world star tells of the dark time in his life."I tried to kill myself"
- I've been struggling with depression and anxiety all my life. I was down at the bottom trying to kill myself. It was a really heavy period, but I came back for a reason. To spread the word about mental ill health and show that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. It can be good again, says Fury.
He also specifically addresses people in Scandinavia.
- I know that there are many people who suffer from mental illness and to them I just want to say that there is help to get.
- All of you who recognize you in what I say should know that it doesn't have to be dark and lonely days. The earlier you seek help, the faster you can return to your ordinary self. And that's a message I want to spread a million and again a million times."The greatest entertainer in the sports world"
When Fury first learned that Otto Wallin has worked on legal psychology, he was impressed.
- Otto seems to be a nice guy because I always hear good things about him. Now I give him a huge chance in his career. He gets paid a lot to be here and it is money that can change his life.
What is the most difficult thing about meeting someone who many people consider to be hopeless?
- I treat Otto as if he were the best coward in the world. I only have respect for him and have been training hard for this match, says Fury and continues:
- I've never been better than this so if Otto can defeat this version of me he must be a very good boxer.
You're an entertainer, but does Las Vegas attract something extra even from someone like you?
- Yes, no doubt. This is the capital of entertainment and I am the greatest entertainer in the entire sports world. I am tall, dark and good looking. Super sexy. Cool, calm and collected. A seven-half boxer, a seven-half singer and a devil talking.