At the World Championships in Norwegian Tönsberg just over a month ago, Alexandersson started by winning the long distance by far. The experts were amazed that she ran certain distances as fast as the best gentlemen. That gain was over-priced and during the median distance and relay Alexandersson was very tired and had to pick up mental strength when the body said away. She struggled to the last two golds.
- I absorbed too much lactic acid too early in the middle distance, says Alexandersson to SVT Sport about the feeling.
When did the body feel normal after the VM discharge?
- It probably took four days before the body began to feel normal again.
It sounds like a pretty quick recovery anyway?
- I wouldn't say that, but for me it was a fairly slow recovery.
How fast do you usually recover then?
- If you don't run such hard training you quickly recover in a few days only but now I was worn out quite a long time afterwards, reflects Alexandersson.
Have you had a feeling before or was it a new feeling to be as tired as you became?
- No, I've taken it out that way before.SM nearest weekends and then the World Cup
For the weekend, the SM waits in long distance and the weekend after that it is the middle distance and relay with their Big Tuna from Borlänge. The Swedish competitions are decided in Hälsingland. The weekend after September 27-29 is the World Cup in Switzerland.
- At the World Cup closing there will be more focus on sprinting which I did not prepare for the World Cup because it was forest distances. In recent weeks I have been preparing to perform well on sprint. It's about starting to run on hard ground and running sprint orientation because I didn't, says Alexandersson, who won the last five editions of the World Cup.
Cross-country skier, superstar Therese Johaug made great success after testing the track during the summer. The Norwegian snails now against next year's European Championships in athletics. Alexandersson has a similar physical status as Johaug with an extreme oxygen uptake capacity and should also be able to run well on track - if she tested.
Therese Johaug won the Norwegian Championship at 10000 meters. Would you like to test a race course?
- There is nothing that I have planned.
Don't you get hungry when you see Johaug?
- So not because I saw Johaug, I must have been hungry maybe before to run some track races, but there are so many orienteering competitions that it is difficult to get into, explains Alexandersson.