Teller Report

Now you can see non-English news...

Jorge Lorenzo: "I had doubts about my life and my career"

2019-08-22T18:04:53.967Z

A detail demonstrates his surrender. Or, at least, his lack of hope in the present. After his strong fall in Assen on June 28, Jorge Lorenzo announced that he was leaving for his


  • Cadalora. "Marquez is scary, I've never seen anything like it"
  • MotoGP: This is the World Cup

A detail demonstrates his surrender. Or, at least, his lack of hope in the present. After his strong fall in Assen on June 28, Jorge Lorenzo announced that he was leaving for his home in Lugano, in Switzerland , and that he would continue there "all possible treatments" to return to compete on August 4 in Brno , but to In mid-July he went on a week's holiday to the Maldives . The season was already lost. Almost two months after his fractures in the T6 and T8 vertebrae , the three-time MotoGP champion returns this weekend to the World Cup in Silverstone with a fairly gray perspective.

In the absence of eight races, he is nineteenth in the championship , behind desperate drivers with his results like Johann Zarco and Andrea Iannone , and it is highly unlikely that he will fight for the victories. For the moment, after a serious streak of injuries, he will try to finish several completely healthy tests and then seek to place himself some Sunday in the top 10 , a modest milestone he did not get in the seven appointments he played this year.

“Theoretically, with this injury it takes three months to recover completely and two have passed since the accident. The edema of the vertebra is still there, with which I still have a little pain, but I think I am able to face the whole weekend, ”he said yesterday at the press conference prior to the Great Prize of Great Britain . «I am not to win or be in the top five. But as soon as I ride the motorcycle and find the rhythm, I hope to be able to perform well as I demonstrated in Montmeló, ”he explained.

DUCATI

In his period of low, the longest he has had to endure since he is a professional pilot, he has had a bad time. " I began to doubt my life and my career, " he said, although he clarified that he was already recovered. In these two months he has been the protagonist in the paddock for a possible market movement. Although most pilots have already signed their contract until 2020, several Italian media published that the Spaniard was trying to return to Ducati and numerous actors [including Ducati chief Dall'Igna , or pilots Jack Miller and Cal Crutchlow ] hinted that "some truth" was in it.

According to these sources, when he found that it would be impossible to adapt to the Honda, a machine created by and for Marc Márquez , Lorenzo contacted the Italian brand to make him a place in his satellite equipment, Pramac Racing , but finally the change did not It materialized. The team announced last week the renewal of Jack Miller and, therefore, the three-time MotoGP champion has no choice but to try to understand a machine for him incomprehensible.

During his presence before the microphones, of course, there were many questions about Ducati . Without saying the word, he replied: “There were many rumors about it, although I never showed up because I knew I had a contract with Honda. Rumors increased and I decided to call Alberto [Puig, team leader] to reaffirm my commitment to Honda ». In that fight with the motorcycle, he said, “I will start from scratch, because this injury does not help. We have to think about going step by step and improving race by race. We have to be patient. I have a two-year contract and we have gone through difficulties, but I would like to obtain results with this motorcycle as I have done with the rest I have run in these 17 years, ”Lorenzo concluded.

De Silvestone Lorenzo keeps distant memories. He won in MotoGP up to three times, in 2010, 2012 and 2013 , but since 2015 he has not returned to the podium. In 2015 , the year of his last title, a fourth place complicated his success and in 2016, his last triumphant year with Yamaha, he finished eighth. The favorite will be Márquez again , although he has only won there once ( 2014 ).

According to the criteria of The Trust Project

Know more

  • sports
  • motorcycling
  • MotoGP
  • Honda MotoGP
  • Ducati Team
  • Jorge Lorenzo
  • Marc Márquez

Motorcycling Álex Rins stands against Marc Márquez: "He doesn't respect the other drivers"

MotoGPMarc Márquez breaks Mike Doohan's record: 59 poles in MotoGP

Moto GPLuca Cadalora: "Marquez is scary, I've never seen anything like it"

Source: elmuldo

You may like

Life/Entertain 2019-10-21T04:31:44.508Z

Trends 24h

Latest

© Communities 2019 - Privacy