Atmospheric instability May cause heavy rain locally in eastern Japan | NHK News
Under the influence of the stagnant front, atmospheric conditions have become unstable, especially in eastern Japan, resulting in severe local thunderstorms. In eastern Japan, dawn on the 22nd ...
Atmospheric instability May cause localized rain in the center of East Japan August 21 16:56
Under the influence of the stagnant front, atmospheric conditions have become unstable, especially in eastern Japan, resulting in severe local thunderstorms. In eastern Japan, extremely heavy rain may fall until the dawn on the 22nd, and sufficient caution is required for landslide disasters and inundation of low land.
According to the Japan Meteorological Agency, warm and humid air is flowing toward the front, which makes the atmospheric conditions unstable, especially in eastern Japan.
During this time, rain clouds developed in the northeastern part of Kanto are covered, and during the 1 hour until 4:00 pm, both rain gauges installed by the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism are 38 mm heavy rain in Fujioka City, Gunma Prefecture and Takanezawa Town, Tochigi Prefecture Was observed. The front line will stay stagnant on the 22nd, so in East Japan, heavy rain falls until the dawn of the 22nd, and there is a risk that it will rain very heavily with lightning locally.
The amount of rain that falls in the 24 hours until the evening of the 22nd is
▽ 120mm in Hokuriku,
▽ It is expected to be 100 mm in Kanto,
▽ In Hokuriku,
In addition, it may rain from 100 to 200 mm during the 24 hours until the evening of the 23rd, resulting in heavy rain.
The Japan Meteorological Agency has called for careful attention to landslide disasters, low land inundation, river flooding, and lightning and tornado gusts.
If the weather may change suddenly and there is a sign that the developed cumulonimbus is approaching, such as a sudden cold wind, you should try to ensure safety by moving into the building.
- Atmospheric instability Danger of thunderstorms in western and eastern Japan | NHK News 1 month
- Atmospheric instability in western and eastern Japan warned against extremely heavy rain | NHK News 1 month
- Locally extremely heavy rain Atmospheric instability in west and eastern Japan tomorrow | NHK News 1 month
- South Kanto Extremely heavy rain West to East Japan Atmospheric instability over tomorrow | NHK News 1 month
- West-Eastern Japan Tomorrow may cause extremely heavy rain | NHK News 1 month
- West-North Japan Atmospheric instability Locally very heavy rains could be expected | NHK News 1 month