Influenza is one of the most common diseases in the world, as the incidence increases with the entry of autumn to winter, due to low temperatures and declining immunity.
Anadolu Agency quoted Dr. Ibrahim Topal Ali, from the Turkish state health directorate of Kocaeli, as a set of tips on dealing with influenza and ways to prevent it, and the importance of the anti-vaccine.
"This disease occurs when the body is infected with a type of influenza virus, as it attacks the respiratory system in general, including the lungs, throat and nose area, and sometimes affects the digestive system as well.
He added that the flu causes symptoms such as fever, cough, sore throat, muscle aches and diarrhea in some other cases, as this disease is especially prevalent during the fall and winter.
Transmission through the air
The doctor explained that the flu virus is transmitted from person to person through the air when the infected person sneezes or while coughing, or when touching anything contaminated with the virus, such as placing hands on a contaminated doorknob.
Toubal Ali pointed out the importance of receiving the flu vaccine annually, saying: It is necessary to prevent this disease, by taking the vaccine that contains parts of the genetically modified virus, which helps the body develop immunity against it.
The following are some preventive tips to strengthen protection against this disease:
- Getting the flu vaccine, as this is necessary, especially for people at risk such as children, the elderly and people with chronic diseases with weak immunity.
- Washing hands with soap and water regularly can reduce transmission and getting sick.
- Cover the mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing with a tissue to avoid spreading germs, which reduces their spread in the air and on objects.
- Avoid crowded places as much as possible in cases of flu outbreaks in general.
- Maintain a proper healthy diet by eating vitamin-rich foods such as vegetables and fruits, especially vitamin C.
- Exercise, as regular physical activity contributes to enhancing the body's immunity and strength.
- Good sleep plays an important role in strengthening the immune system, by getting adequate and comfortable hours of sleep.
- Plenty of fluids, as drinking them regularly helps keep the respiratory system hydrated.
It should be remembered that following these preventive tips can reduce the likelihood of getting the flu and boost immunity during the fall and winter seasons.