This was stated by the Belarusian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
"The Republic of Belarus is deeply concerned about the escalation of the situation in the South Caucasus region, accompanied by hostilities," the statement said.
Minsk is confident that the resolution of the conflict is possible only by political and diplomatic means.
"It is fundamentally important to return to the path of rational and reasoned dialogue within the framework of existing formats in order not to cross out the previously formed prerequisites for a peaceful settlement of the Karabakh problem," the Foreign Ministry said.
On September 19, the Ministry of Defense of Azerbaijan announced the beginning of "anti-terrorist measures" of a local nature in Karabakh to restore the constitutional order. According to Baku, the military used high-precision weapons to strike at the positions and military facilities of the Armenian Armed Forces in Karabakh.
At the same time, the Armenian Defense Ministry claims that the country's armed forces are not present in Nagorno-Karabakh.
The Russian Foreign Ministry said that Moscow is alarmed by the sharp escalation of the situation in Nagorno-Karabakh. The Kremlin noted that the main thing now is to convince Yerevan and Baku to abandon the use of force and sit down at the negotiating table.