The heat wave episode that began on Sunday today puts eight autonomous communities on notice for high temperatures, especially in the southern half and in the northeast of the peninsula and in the Canary Islands, while in the eastern Pyrenees there will be locally strong storms, according to the State Meteorological Agency (Aemet).
The Aemet reports that Andalusia, Castilla-La Mancha, Extremadura and the Community of Madrid will be in orange warning (risk) for heat, while in yellow will be Aragon, Castilla y León, Valencian Community and Catalonia, the latter also for rains and storms.
There will be probable mists and fog banks in inland areas of the peninsular extreme north and coastal fogs in Melilla.
In the Bay of Biscay there will be some weak rain; while in the mountains of the north, center and east of the peninsula there will be scattered showers and storms, more likely in the Iberian, eastern Central system and Pyrenees, and locally strong in the eastern Pyrenees.
In the Canary Islands it will be little cloudy or with cloudy intervals, with haze that will extend from east to west of the Canary archipelago and wind of north and west components in the Canary Islands.
Temperatures will rise in the Canary Islands, rising more pronounced in the interior. 34-36 degrees will be exceeded in much of the interior of the southern half of the peninsula, the Ebro valley and the Canary Islands, including 38-40 in the valleys of the southwest of the peninsula, while the minimum will not fall below 22-24 degrees in the Mediterranean area and southwest quadrant.
The wind will blow from the east in the Strait and Alboran; from the north and northeast in the Bay of Biscay, coasts of the peninsular southeast and in Galicia, with strong intervals on the Galician coast. Tramontana in Empordà and cierzo in the Ebro. The western component will predominate in the south of the Atlantic basin.
PREDICTION BY AUTONOMOUS COMMUNITIES
- GALICIA: probable morning mists and fogs in high areas of Lugo and the central interior. There will be cloudy sky of low clouds in the north, and little cloudy in the south, although with intervals of low clouds in the central interior, leaving at noon the low cloudiness restricted to A Mariña, while intervals of high clouds appear throughout the community.
Weak rain or drizzle in A Mariña. Temperatures that change little in the north and remain unchanged or slightly rising in the south. Wind from north and northeast that will be variable loose in the southeast quadrant and with strong intervals in the Fisterra area.
-ASTURIAS: Probable morning mists and fog banks in points of the mountain range and weak rains and drizzles that will not reach the southern third and that remit in the afternoon. There will be cloudy skies or covered with low clouds, opening from noon large clearings in the extreme south and then on the coast.
Temperatures with little change. Wind from east and northeast loose in the interior and more intense on the coast where it will subside from noon.
- CANTABRIA: probable morning mists and fog banks on mountain peaks. There will be cloudy skies or covered with low clouds opening large clearings in the extreme south, in the afternoon on the coast and at the end in the rest. Some weak and scattered rain is not ruled out.
Minimum temperatures unchanged or in slight decrease and maximums with little change. Light wind, from the east on the coast and from north and northeast in the interior tending at noon to north component throughout the community and variable at the end.
- BASQUE COUNTRY: cloudy or covered with low clouds, tending in the afternoon to cloudy intervals that will be mostly high clouds in the west. Some weak rain or drizzle is not ruled out in the east of Guipúzcoa. Minimum temperatures in slight decrease and maximum with few changes. Light winds from the north.
- CASTILLA Y LEÓN: little cloudy, with morning intervals of low clouds in the extreme north and northeast where some fog bank is not ruled out. Cloudiness of evolution during the central hours in the Cantabrian, the Iberian and eastern sector of the Central System, where weak and scattered showers are not ruled out, occasionally accompanied by storms.
Temperatures in slight decrease or with little change. Wind from the northeast, more intense in the northeast quadrant in the afternoon. During stormy phenomena very strong gusts may be recorded.
- NAVARRA: little cloudy in the south, cloudy in the northwest and extreme north and cloudy intervals in the rest. Some weak rain or drizzle on the Cantabrian slope is not ruled out. Temperatures unchanged or in slight decrease. Wind from north and northwest loose with Cierzo in the Ribera Baja and more intense intervals in the rest, except in the western third.
- LA RIOJA: morning banks of low clouds, with possible formation of fogs and mists and some scattered drizzle. The sky will be veiled by high clouds, with cloudiness of evolution during the central hours in the Iberian, where weak and scattered showers that could be locally moderate are not ruled out, with probable storms that, punctually, could be dry.
Temperatures with little change or in slight decrease. Wind from the northwest and north, more intense in the afternoon in the Rioja Baja. During stormy phenomena very strong gusts may be recorded.
- ARAGON: little cloudy or clear. In the Iberian system of Teruel and eastern Pyrenees, cloudiness of diurnal evolution with showers and occasional storms in the afternoon, without ruling out that they are locally strong in Teruel.
Temperatures in slight decrease or without changes, continuing the values of the maximum significantly elevated in the eastern half of Zaragoza and south of Huesca. Northwest wind in the Ebro valley and variable loose in the rest.
- CATALONIA: little cloudy or clear. In the Pyrenees, cloudiness of diurnal evolution with showers and storms that can be locally strong. Temperatures in slight decrease or without changes, with values of maximum significantly high in the central depression of Lleida and the Empordà.
North wind in the Empordà and variable loose in the rest, with breezes on the coast during the central hours.
- EXTREMADURA: predominance of clear skies, with cloudiness of high base evolution in the north of Cáceres, where isolated dry storms are not ruled out. Temperatures falling, more significant in the southwest of Badajoz.
The minimums will continue to remain around 20-22 degrees. Winds from the west, loose in general. During stormy phenomena very strong gusts may be recorded.
- COMMUNITY OF MADRID: sky with intervals of high clouds throughout the community and intervals of clouds of diurnal evolution in the mountains, where some scattered stormy showers will be likely in the afternoon. In the rest of the territory, an isolated storm is not ruled out also in the afternoon.
Minimum temperatures without significant changes and maximums with few changes or in slight decrease, with nocturnal temperatures that will exceed 20 degrees and with maximums above 37 in the center and south of the community, reaching in some points the 39 degrees. Variable light winds.
- CASTILLA-LA MANCHA: intervals of high clouds throughout the community, except in the southwest quadrant, where little cloudy or clear skies are expected. Intervals of cloudiness of diurnal evolution throughout the eastern half, which will be more abundant in the mountain and mountain areas, where some scattered stormy showers will be likely in the afternoon.
An isolated storm is not ruled out in the rest of the territory also in the afternoon. Temperatures in general with few changes, with nocturnal temperatures that will exceed 20 degrees and maximums that will exceed 37 in much of the western half along with La Mancha, even reaching 40 degrees in the valleys of the Tagus and Guadiana.
Variable light winds with some stronger intervals in the afternoon associated with thunderstorms.
- VALENCIAN COMMUNITY: little cloudy or clear, with cloudiness of diurnal evolution in the interior in the afternoon. Temperatures in slight decrease or without changes, continuing the values of the maximum significantly high in the province of Valencia. Variable light wind, tending in the afternoon to east component.
- REGION OF MURCIA: little cloudy, with cloudiness of diurnal evolution in the mountains, without ruling out an occasional storm in the Northwest. Temperatures unchanged. Weak variable winds.
- BALEARIC ISLANDS: little cloudy or clear. Night temperatures in slight rise and daytime with little change or in descent mainly in the north of Mallorca. Light wind with predominance of the east component and coastal breezes.
- ANDALUSIA: little cloudy or clear, with cloudiness of diurnal evolution in the eastern sierras, where an occasional storm is not ruled out. Probable fogs on the western Mediterranean coast and Strait area. Temperatures unchanged, except decrease in the western third.
Levante winds on the Almeria coast and the Strait; weak variables in the rest, tending on the Atlantic slope to west component in the afternoon.
- CANARY ISLANDS: in Lanzarote and Fuerteventura, intervals of cloudy clouds of medium clouds, with morning mists on the western slope. In the rest, little cloudy or clear with morning cloudy intervals on coasts. Calima that will mainly affect the eastern islands and Tenerife.
Temperatures in moderate rise, especially in areas of the interior of the islands, becoming punctually noticeable. It will reach 34-36 ºC in the interior of the eastern islands, Tenerife and La Gomera, including 37 ºC in Gran Canaria, and locally 32-34 ºC in the rest of the islands. Weak wind from the north with breezes on the coasts.
In high areas, moderate wind from the southeast turning to the south, with probable very strong gusts at the beginning of the day in central summits of Tenerife.
According to the criteria of The Trust Project