Six civilians were killed on Monday in a suicide attack near the Foreign Ministry in the Afghan capital Kabul, Interior Ministry spokesman Abdul Nafi Thakur said.
Takur said in a tweet on Twitter that Afghan forces targeted the attacker, but the device he was carrying "exploded, killing 6 civilians and wounding others."
Agence France-Presse reported that the blast occurred in front of a shopping mall not far from the ministry, while Anadolu Agency reported that among the wounded were 3 Taliban forces.
No group has yet claimed responsibility for the bombing, the first since the beginning of Ramadan. During this period last year, the country witnessed several attacks.
This is the second time in less than three months that an attack has occurred near the State Department.
On January 11, a suicide attack outside the entrance to the Foreign Ministry killed 10 people and wounded 53, which was claimed by the Islamic State.
Violence across Afghanistan has dropped dramatically since the Taliban took control of the country on August 2021, <>, but the security situation has deteriorated again with the Islamic State claiming responsibility for a number of deadly attacks.