The earthquake, which killed more than 50,000 people in Turkey and Syria in total, has sparked a growing movement to seek responsibility for the construction of collapsed buildings.
Turkish judicial authorities have said they have arrested more than 180 people so far, prompting outrage from the bereaved families.
More than 50,000 people have been confirmed dead so far, including 44,218 in Turkey and 5,914 in neighboring Syria, in the 7.8-magnitude quake that struck southern Turkey on June 6 and its aftermath. .
Many of the people who died were found in the collapsed buildings, and Turkey's Justice Minister Bozda announced on the 25th that he had arrested 184 people so far for being involved in the construction of these buildings.
Among them, the prosecutor's office in southern Nuruda, near the epicenter, responded to NHK's interview and revealed that the local mayor was arrested on suspicion of the work of the construction company he used to run.
At least 173,000 buildings in Turkey have collapsed or have to be demolished by the earthquake, and people who have lost their families and homes are seeking legal action.
Anger voice from bereaved family
The quake destroyed an apartment building, and anger was heard from people who lost family members.
Hussein Bahar (40), who lost five people, including his brother and his wife, who lived on the first floor, when a six-story apartment building collapsed in southern Nuruda, said, "In this apartment alone, 128 people, including my brother, died. From the time it was built seven years ago, I felt that the foundation had not been properly drained, and I apologize to all those in charge of the construction company that did the shoddy work and the authority that issued the permit. I want to be judged," he said.