A violent fire broke out overnight from Monday to Tuesday in a building in Montreuil (Seine-Saint-Denis).
The building, squatted for several months, had already been affected by a fire outbreak in November 2022, reports
A man jumped from the second floor of the building to escape the flames.
He was taken care of and hospitalized in absolute urgency and his vital prognosis is still engaged, according to the Bobigny prosecution.
Four other victims were rushed to hospital after inhaling fumes.
Two fires in less than three months
The fire started in a 60 m² apartment on the ground floor before spreading to the stairwell.
Thirty people were in the building at the time of the incident.
No request for relocation has been issued following the fire.
At the end of November 2022, a fire had already broken out in the building in unclear circumstances, probably a settling of accounts between squatters.
It was on this occasion that the town hall discovered the existence of the squat in the building.
Rambouillet: At least three dead in the fire of an apartment, the privileged criminal track
Hauts-de-Seine: A warehouse catches fire, more than 400 schoolchildren confined for half a day