A surprising incident occurred on Wednesday in Nouzonville (Ardennes).

Around 2 p.m., the green cross of a pharmacy caught fire for an as yet unknown reason.

The pharmacy employees were alerted by customers who witnessed the scene.

“We took the fire extinguisher to put out the flames, just before calling the firefighters”, tells a health professional to France 3 Grand Est.

The flames were quickly brought under control.

“We cut the power, we quickly went upstairs to be closer to the cross.

The temperature was checked, we disconnected it electrically, ”continues the pharmacist.

An electrician was to go on site this Thursday to replace the cross but also to understand how such an incident could have happened.

A short-circuit ?

The health professional, who has been running this pharmacy since 2007, had never experienced such a situation.

"It's the first time in 15 years," he says.

According to him, the famous green cross could have caught fire due to a short circuit.

"But nothing is certain because it did not jump," he says.

Miscellaneous facts

Ille-et-Vilaine: A man burns himself trying to get his burning stove out of his apartment

Miscellaneous facts

Côte d'Or: A mother and her 2-year-old daughter died in a fire

  • Great East

  • Pharmacy

  • Fire