It is a drama that highlights the extreme fragility of some residents in the face of fuel poverty and soaring energy costs.

Tuesday evening shortly before 9 p.m., a man was seriously burned in Hédé-Bazouges, north of Rennes (Ille-et-Vilaine), trying to take out with his bare hands a stove that had caught fire in his apartment.

Alerted to a fire starting in the apartment, the firefighters found the victim in the stairwell of the small building.

Seeing the heavy smoke emanating from his oil heating system, the man tried to lower the device himself, causing a fire to start on the stairs.

His hands were seriously burned.

The firefighters took charge of the victim and transported him to the burns center in Nantes.

According to the emergency services, the man acted in panic.

He had several heaters of this type in his apartment.

Miscellaneous facts

Ille-et-Vilaine: A man dies after being charged by a cow

Miscellaneous facts

Haute-Savoie: A volunteer firefighter in intervention dies in an accident

  • Miscellaneous facts

  • reindeer

  • Brittany

  • Various facts Rennes

  • Fire

  • Fire

  • Heater

  • precarious

  • Energy

  • Firefighters