The Palestinian Ministry of Health announced, this evening, Wednesday, the death of a Palestinian young man in the village of Deir al-Hatab, near the city of Nablus, after the occupation forces stormed the village and surrounded a house inside.

The Palestinian Health said that the young Alaa Nasser Ahmed Zaghal, 21, died of a bullet wound to the head, fired by the occupation army, in confrontations that erupted east of Nablus in the West Bank.

Alaa Nasser Ahmed Zaghal, 21, died of a head injury from the occupation’s bullets (French)

The Palestinian News Agency (WAFA) reported that 6 Palestinians, including two journalists, were shot, and 45 others suffocated with tear gas, including an elderly woman suffering from chronic diseases.

The Israeli Army Radio also announced that "two soldiers were wounded by shrapnel during an exchange of fire," adding that one of them was taken to hospital.

שני לוחמיצה"ל נפצעו קל מרסיסים במהלך האש האש האש אחד מהם לבית חולים.

— גלצ (@GLZRadio) October 5, 2022

"Wafa" said that the occupation forces targeted press crews with live bullets, as a result of which two journalists from Palestine TV, Mahmoud Fawzi and Louay Al-Samhan, were injured in the hands, in addition to the injury of another journalist with a direct gas bomb to the head.

The Israeli army stormed Deir al-Hatab and surrounded the house of the young man, Salman Omran, amid heavy firing of live bullets. The occupation forces also closed the road leading to the village and prevented ambulances from reaching the area.

The occupation forces surrounded the house of the young man Salman Omran 3 hours before his arrest (French)

The occupation forces arrested Omran after besieging his house for 3 hours.

An ambulance of the Palestinian Red Crescent Society was also targeted with tear gas canisters.

foreign condemns

For its part, the Palestinian Foreign Ministry condemned the execution of the young man, Zaghal, and the occupation's targeting of the Palestine TV crew during coverage of the storming of the town.

The General Supervisor of the Palestinian official media, Ahmed Assaf, also condemned the targeting of the TV crew by the occupation forces while they were covering the siege of a house in Deir al-Hatab.

The occupation forces closed the road leading to the village and prevented ambulances from reaching (French)

The Palestinian Ministry of Information called for urgent international protection for all the Palestinian people in general, and for journalists in particular.

And the Quds News Network had broadcast an audio recording attributed to the besieged young man, Omran, in which he said, "I am under siege and I am now clashing with the occupation."