The jihadist group Daesh on Wednesday evening claimed responsibility for attacks against three minibuses which left at least ten dead and fifteen injured, earlier in Mazar-i-Sharif, in northern Afghanistan.

“Caliphate soldiers detonated two bombs placed on two buses (…) and a third bomb on a third bus,” Daesh said via its Telegram channels.

In Kabul, another bomb attack targeted a mosque on Wednesday evening, killing at least two people and injuring ten others, the Afghan Interior Ministry said.

Kabul Emergency Hospital tweeted a toll of five killed and 22 injured.

The ministry said the bomb was planted inside a fan in the mosque.

The number of attacks has declined in the country since the Taliban took power in August, but a series of deadly bomb attacks, in which dozens of people were killed, hit the country at the end of April, during the holy month of Ramadan.

Company

Terrorism: Indictment of an 18-year-old man who was planning an attack in the name of Daesh

Justice

Lafarge in Syria: Indictment for complicity in crimes against humanity confirmed

  • World

  • Afghanistan

  • Daesh

  • Terrorism

Keywords: