A 28-year-old man was injured in the explosion of a bottle of compressed air in Banyuls-sur-Mer (Pyrénées-Orientales) on Monday afternoon.

The victim, an employee of a diving club in the city, was handling the blocks when the explosion occurred.

The employee was tidying up on the beach when the flexible hose from one of the air tanks tore off,

Actu Perpignan understands

.

Gravel projection

The compressed air at 250 bar pressure then escaped all at once.

The shock wave projected gravel at the level of the leg and calf, causing skin abrasions.

The young man was taken care of by the emergency services, who qualified his state of relative emergency.

He was transported to the Perpignan hospital center (Pyrénées-Orientales).

The precise circumstances that led to the rupture of the hose are not yet known.

The dive club employee may have thought the air tank was empty.

It is also possible that the pipe broke by accident.

The explosion of a bottle injures a diver in a swimming pool in the Oise

The explosion of a bottle injures a diver in a swimming pool in the Oise

World

Malaysia: Three divers including a French missing, their instructor rescued

  • Perpignan

  • Occitania

  • Dive

  • Injured

  • Miscellaneous facts

Keywords: