An explosion occurred at the Georges-Bonichot swimming pool in Thourotte (Oise) on Monday.

She seriously injured a diving instructor, responsible for the activity within the establishment.

A bottle of compressed air is the cause of the explosion, reports

Oise Hebdo

.

The coach was manipulating her at the time of the tragedy.

An experienced and trained victim

The 61-year-old specialist was preparing the material before a lesson.

The investigation entrusted to the gendarmes of Compiègne (Oise) will have to determine if the bottle exploded because of a malfunction or an error of use.

The victim holds "a state certificate and federal diplomas which allow him to take on the technical part of preparing compressed air cylinders", said a lifeguard.

After the explosion, the diver was immediately taken care of by a nurse, a member of the swimming club.

Firefighters then took over.

The sexagenarian was in critical condition and was transferred to Compiègne hospital and then to that of Amiens (Somme).

World

London: A chlorine leak occurs in the Olympic swimming pool, 29 people hospitalized

Economy

Energy prices: A city near Rouen closes its municipal swimming pool

  • Miscellaneous facts

  • Accident

  • Pool

  • Diving

  • Hauts-de-France

  • Beauvais

  • 0 comment

  • 0 share

    • Share on Messenger

    • Share on Facebook

    • Share on Twitter

    • Share on Flipboard

    • Share on Pinterest

    • Share on Linkedin

    • Send by Mail

  • To safeguard

  • A fault ?

  • To print

Keywords: