In order to standardize animal quarantine work, strictly supervise the transportation of animals and animal products, consolidate the foundation for animal disease prevention and control, and promote the high-quality development of animal husbandry, the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Affairs issued an announcement on matters related to strengthening animal quarantine supervision. The announcement will be effective from April 1, 2022. to be implemented.
The announcement puts forward eight requirements:
1. The animal health supervision agency shall strengthen the management of official veterinarians and realize the management of the association between official veterinarians and quarantine declaration points.
"Multiple vehicles, one certificate" is prohibited. For animals and animal products transported by different vehicles, the official veterinarian shall issue quarantine certificates respectively.
2. Units and individuals engaged in the transportation of livestock and poultry, as well as livestock and poultry transportation vehicles, shall file with the competent department of agriculture and rural affairs of the people's government at the county level where they are located.
3. Livestock and poultry transportation vehicles shall have relevant facilities and equipment to ensure animal epidemic prevention.
4. The competent agricultural and rural departments shall verify the relevant materials and information when handling the filing.
If it meets the requirements, it shall be filed in a timely manner; if it does not meet the requirements, the filer shall be notified to supplement and correct relevant materials at one time.
5. Units and individuals engaged in the transportation of livestock and poultry shall establish and improve transportation ledgers.
The storage period of the relevant information records of the satellite positioning system of the filing vehicle for the inter-provincial transportation of livestock and poultry shall not be less than two months.
6. After receiving the quarantine declaration from the place of origin, the animal health supervision agency and its official veterinarian should know the recordation of the transport vehicle, the carrier, the individual and the driver of the vehicle.
If it is found that it has not been filed, it shall report to the competent agricultural and rural authorities in a timely manner.
7. The competent departments of agriculture and rural areas should strengthen the construction of informatization, promote the interconnection of quarantine supervision and breeding, transportation, slaughtering and other information, and realize the intelligent supervision of the whole chain of animal quarantine supervision.
8. The quarantine and transportation management of live poultry and live sheep transported across provinces will no longer implement the "Announcement No. 2516 of the Ministry of Agriculture of the People's Republic of China" and "Notice of the General Office of the Ministry of Agriculture on Strengthening the Supervision of Inter-provincial Transport of Live Sheep" (Agricultural Office Medical  No. 35), and strictly follow the animal quarantine regulations.
(Headquarters CCTV reporter Wang Kaibo Qiao Yiming)Keywords: