Tiger Woods (USA), who was seriously injured in a car accident in February, said the injuries were severe enough to amputate the injured leg at the time of the accident.

He also predicted that he would return to the field someday but would not play full-time any more.

In an interview with Golf Digest today (30th) (Korean time), Woods admitted the reality, "Even after hurting my back, I climbed Mount Everest several times. But now my body can't climb Mount Everest."

He was seriously injured in a car accident in February and is continuing treatment and rehabilitation.

This is the first interview with the media since the accident.

Woods, who predicted that "if his legs get better, he would be able to participate in golf tournaments," explained, "It is difficult to realistically expect to rise to the top again."

Woods mentioned optional tournament appearances as an alternative.

"I can't play full-time when I get back on the field," Woods said.

"I'm sorry, but that's the reality. That's my reality, I understand and accept it," he added.

Shortly after the accident, he also revealed that he nearly had his leg amputated.

He, who had his right leg bone shattered, said, "(Possibility of amputation) was 50/50. I almost got out of the hospital with one leg."The hospital asked (girlfriend) Erica to throw something to me to see if my hand was still there."

After lying in bed for three months, Woods regained his grip on the golf club, then moved to a wheelchair and then crutches to get up again.

Recently, a video of him swinging at the practice range was released, raising expectations that he would return to the field soon.

"We still have a long way to go. We're not even halfway through," said Woods, "I need to develop my leg muscles and nerves more."

The horrific accident and difficult rehabilitation brought the strong mentality he had learned from his father, Woods said.

“My father’s teachings in the Special Forces were useful. His method was to cut through each piece of pain no matter how long it was. Nine months is hell, but two or three hours can be endured. "It's piled up and it's come this far," he explained.

“Even now, when I enter the gym, my endorphins start pumping,” Woods said. “It was the driving force behind my many wins. But the price was high. Even before the car accident, I had 10 surgeries. I want to cover it up,” he said.

Woods added that he was grateful for going to his son Charlie's game and receiving so many supportive text messages, even during the tough days.

(Photo = Getty Images Korea)