Chinanews.com, Beijing, August 27 (Reporter Liang Xiaohui) Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Zhao Lijian said at a regular press conference on the 27th that so far there have been no reports of casualties of Chinese citizens in the explosion near Kabul Airport.

  A reporter asked a question. On the 26th, two explosions occurred near Kabul Airport, causing heavy casualties.

The "Islamic State" declared responsibility for the bombing.

What is China's comment?

Was there any casualties of Chinese citizens in the incident?

What work has China done to ensure the safety of Chinese citizens in Afghanistan?

  Zhao Lijian said that China was shocked by the explosion near Kabul Airport that caused heavy casualties and strongly condemned it.

This incident shows that the security situation in Afghanistan remains complex and severe.

It is hoped that relevant parties will take effective measures to ensure a smooth transition of the situation in Afghanistan and the personal safety of the Afghan people and foreign citizens in Afghanistan.

  According to Zhao Lijian, the Chinese Embassy in Afghanistan has not received any reports of casualties of Chinese citizens.

The Chinese Embassy in Afghanistan has established contacts with a small number of Chinese citizens who have voluntarily stayed in Afghanistan, maintained close communication and provided necessary assistance, reminded them to strengthen security precautions, and requested relevant parties to take measures to ensure the safety of Chinese personnel.

(over)

Keywords: