From August 30, new searches to search for the body of Estelle Mouzin, alleged victim in 2003 of the serial killer Michel Fourniret, will take place in the Ardennes, said a source close to the investigation, on Monday.
These excavations are scheduled to last a week, in the presence of Monique Olivier, the ex-wife of the killer, who died in May, said this source, confirming information from France Info.
"Indications" provided by Monique Olivier
They must take place in a communal wood of Issancourt-et-Rumel, which has already been explored, in particular in June and April by the investigators and the examining magistrate Sabine Kheris, from "indications" provided by Monique Olivier. Research has so far been unsuccessful. On April 1, Monique Olivier had for the first time recognized a role in the sequestration of Estelle, kidnapped at the age of 9, on January 9, 2003 in Guermantes (Seine-et-Marne). She had specified that she had accompanied Michel Fourniret to the edge of the wood of Issancourt-et-Rumel to let him go and bury the girl's body.
The village of Issancourt-et-Rumel is located some 4 km from Ville-sur-Lumes, where, still according to Monique Olivier, Michel Fourniret kidnapped, raped and killed Estelle, in a house belonging to his sister.
Sentenced to life imprisonment for the murders of seven young women or adolescent girls between 1987 and 2001, Michel Fourniret finally confessed in March 2020 his responsibility in the disappearance of Estelle Mouzin.
He died at 79 in Paris on May 10.
Death of Michel Fourniret: Ongoing investigations, Mouzin trial and DNA research… The outstanding questions
Death of Michel Fourniret: Will there be a trial for the disappearance of Estelle Mouzin?