Eseosa Desalu (Ap)
400 obstacles, record demolished
Silver for Vanessa Ferrari in the free body final of artistic gymnastics
Tokyo2020, Jacobs and Tamberi win gold.
The hug on the track, blue with the Tricolore
Tokyo2020, draw: Italvolley will have Argentina in the quarterfinals
Tokyo2020, Italy's medal table after the "Day 10" of the Games
Tamberi-Jacobs, the ten golden minutes of Italian athletics
03 August 2021
Andrea Dallavalle (16.99, wind -0.4) and Emanuel Ihemeje (16.88, -0.7) won a place in the final of the triple, placed respectively in seventh and ninth place in the qualification of the hop-step-jump. Out instead Tobia Bocchi (16.78, -0.1), thirteenth and first of the excluded, mocked in the final round and eliminated by 5 centimeters.
Immediately a good start by the Azzurri. In the first round,
(in the photo) lands at 16.99 (-0.4),
makes 16.88 (-0.7) and Tobia Bocchi 16.78 (-0.1). In command is Puerto Rican Pedro Pichardo, of Cuban origins, with 17.71. The triple jump final will take place at 4 am (Italian time) on August 5, 2021.
Eseosa Desalu qualified for the semi-finals of the 200 meters
of the Tokyo Olympics after scoring an excellent 20 "29 in the battery, fourth time of the entire first round. The blue raced in the fastest battery, the sixth, won by American Kenneth Bednarek in 20 "01 ahead of the Dominican Yancarlos Martinez (20" 17). The American star Noah Lyles got the third time, 20 "18. Eliminated the other Italian in the race, Antonio Infantino with 20 "90, 34 / o time of the round. The semifinal is scheduled at 20.50 (local time), 13.50 in Italy.
Eighth and last position, finally for
Alessandro Sibilio in a final of 400 obstacles
dominated by the Norwegian Karsten Warholm, gold medal with a new world record in 45 "94. Final with five circles without podium also for
, seventh in the K1 200-meter canoe sprint, while
was unable to qualify for the final of the K1
1,000 meters finishing 5th in his semifinal.
was restless and lead to medal.
Ruggero Tita and Caterina Banti
are already certain of the podium in Nacra 17: in the medal race the Italian sailors, currently at the top of the general classification, can only be overtaken by the British John Gimson and Anna Burnet. Great expectations also for the
team pursuit of track cycling
- today the women's podium and the men's semifinals with the blue teams as protagonists - and for the first knockout clashes in
basketball and volleyball
: in the quarterfinals Sacchetti's blues dream of a feat against France, while Blengini's national team is favored against Argentina.
The medal table of Italy at the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games:
- Vito Dell'Aquila (taekwondo, category -58 kg);
- Federica Cesarini, Valentina Rodini (rowing, 2 sculls pl);
- Gianmarco Tamberi (athletics, high jump);
- Marcell Jacobs (athletics, 100 meters).
- Luigi Samele (fencing, individual saber);
- Alessandro Miressi, Thomas Ceccon, Lorenzo Zazzeri, Manuel Frigo (swimming, 4x100 sl);
- Diana Bacosi (skeet shooting, skeet);
- Daniele Garozzo (fencing, individual foil);
- Giorgia Bordignon (weights, category 64 kg);
- Enrico Berrè, Luca Curatoli, Aldo Montano, Luigi Samele (fencing, team saber);
- Gregorio Paltrinieri (swimming, 800);
- Mauro Nespoli (archery).
- Vanessa Ferrari (free body of artistic gymnastics)
- Elisa Longo Borghini (cycling, individual road in line);
- Odette Giuffrida (judo, category 52 kg);
- Mirko Zanni (weights, category 67 kg);
- Nicolò Martinenghi (swim, 100 breaststroke);
- Maria Centracchio (judo, 63 kg category);
- Rossella Fiamingo, Federica Isola, Mara Navarria, Alberta Santuccio (fencing, team sword);
- Matteo Castaldo, Marco Di Costanzo, Matteo Lodo, Giuseppe Vicino, Bruno Rosetti (rowing, 4 without);
- Federico Burdisso (swimming, 200 butterfly);
- Stefano Oppo, Pietro Willy Ruta (rowing, 2 sculls pl);
- Martina Batini, Erica Cipressa, Arianna Errigo, Alice Volpi (fencing, team foil);
- Lucilla Boari (archery);
- Simona Quadarella (swimming, 800 freestyle);
- Irma Testa (boxing, category 57 kg);
- Antonino Pizzolato (weights, category 81 kg);
- Thomas Ceccon, Nicolò Martinenghi, Federico Burdisso, Alessandro Miressi (swimming, 4x100 medley).Keywords: