A Palestinian youth was killed and hundreds of others were injured in clashes with the Israeli occupation army yesterday, Friday, during activities condemning the settlements in separate areas of the occupied West Bank.

And the Palestinian Ministry of Health said - in a statement - that the 17-year-old boy, Muhammad Munir Al-Tamimi, died of critical wounds sustained by live bullets yesterday in the village of Al-Nabi Saleh (north of Ramallah).

For its part, the Palestinian Red Crescent Society stated that its crews dealt with 320 injuries during confrontations with the Israeli army in the towns of Beita and Osrin in Nablus district, during confrontations with the Israeli occupation army.

The association indicated that among the injuries are 21 by live bullets, 68 by rubber-coated metal bullets, 11 with burns, 25 from falling and direct injuries from tear gas canisters, and 195 from suffocation due to tear gas inhalation.

Hundreds of Palestinians gathered yesterday afternoon in the town of Beita, south of Nablus, which has witnessed clashes for months against the backdrop of protests against the "Eviatar" settlement, south of Nablus.

Palestinians throw stones at Israeli forces during clashes after a demonstration against the expansion of the new settlement outpost (European)

And earlier on Friday, "Popular Resistance" activist Basem Al-Tamimi said that a march condemning the settlement started after Friday prayers in the village of Nabi Saleh (north of Ramallah), then clashes erupted with the Israeli army, which stormed the village.

Al-Tamimi added that the Israeli army "fired rubber-coated metal bullets, tear gas canisters and live bullets, wounding a boy with live bullets in the stomach," before he later announced his death.

And in Beit Dajan, east of Nablus (north), 5 Palestinians were injured by metal bullets, and dozens suffocated, and in the town of Kafr Qaddoum, east of Qalqilya (north), the coordinator of the Popular Resistance Committees in the town, Murad Ishtiwi, said that the Israeli occupation army fired live and metal bullets and tear gas canisters at hundreds of Palestinians. after Friday prayers.

In a statement, the Israeli occupation army said that "a riot was thwarted near the outpost of Givat Eviatar, south of Nablus, and hundreds of Palestinians threw stones at the Israeli soldiers, who responded by using anti-riot means," confirming that two of its soldiers were slightly injured and were taken to hospital.

From previous demonstrations in the Palestinian town of Beita (Al-Jazeera)

In early May, about 50 Israeli families established an informal settlement outpost in the area, and after several weeks of clashes and tensions, an agreement was reached to evacuate the area from settlers and keep their mobile homes, pending the Ministry of Defense to conduct a reassessment of real estate rights.

In the event that the Ministry of Defense considers the lands to be Israeli, its decision will allow settlers to reside in the area, but the mayor of Beita rejected the agreement and stressed that “clashes and demonstrations will continue” as long as “the settlers are present on our lands.”

It is noteworthy that the Palestinians organize every Friday marches against settlements and the apartheid wall in a number of villages and towns in the West Bank.

Israeli and Palestinian estimates indicate that there are about 650,000 settlers in the West Bank settlements - including occupied Jerusalem - who live in 164 settlements and 116 outposts.

About 475,000 settlers live in the West Bank, with a population of 2.8 million, which has been occupied by Israel since 1967.