In a surprising measure, the administration of the Chinese application, TiK Tok, deleted the account of the Quds News Network, in conjunction with the Israeli aggression on the Gaza Strip.
"In conjunction with the aggression of the occupation ... TikTok deletes the account of the Quds News Network hours after the company's meeting with the Minister of Occupation War, Gantz," the network said in a post on Facebook.
The "Quds News Network" is a Palestinian press organization run by a group of young journalists, and it has its headquarters in the West Bank and Gaza Strip.
At the beginning of the year, TikTok deleted the network’s account for the first time on January 1, 2021, after it repeatedly posted videos dealing with Israeli violations of Palestinians, and criticizing the establishment of diplomatic relations between Israel and Arab countries.
Hamzah Al-Shobaki, in charge of managing the "Quds News Network" account on TikTok at the time, said that the Chinese application deleted their account without warning, according to Anadolu Agency.
He added, "The content that the deleted account kept publishing relates to the Palestinian issue, violations of the Israeli occupation and the establishment of diplomatic relations for Arab countries with Israel."
He explained that the account "was established at the beginning of last year, and since that time until now it has had about 50 thousand followers who watched more than 1200 videos."
He pointed out that "the number of views of the published videos reached about 7 million, and the number of likes that they got reached about 350 thousand."
Al-Shobaki called on the "TikTok" management to withdraw from the step of deleting the network account because the continuation of this "means entering the list of social applications that fight Palestinian content and support Israel."
The Palestinians saw the application "TikTok" as an area to escape from the restrictions that American applications place on Palestinian content.