China News Service, Beijing, May 10 (Reporter Zhang Weiran) In response to the re-entry of the last-stage wreckage of the Long March 5B Yao-2 carrier rocket into the atmosphere, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Hua Chunying said at a regular press conference on the 10th that China There is no need to worry about the reentry of the rocket wreckage, and there is no need for the media to overstate and create panic.
According to reports, the last-stage wreckage of the Long March 5B Yao-2 carrier rocket re-entered the atmosphere on the 9th.
NASA Administrator Nelson accused China of failing to meet the standards of responsibility for its space debris.
Hua Chunying said in this regard that everyone is very concerned about the fall of the Chinese rocket wreckage in the past few days. The United States and other countries also made some exaggerations a few days ago.
We have seen relevant reports that the final stage of the rocket has re-entered the atmosphere and there is no report of harm to the ground.
As for some of the statements of the NASA Director, Hua Chunying said that after learning from the China Manned Space Engineering Office and the National Space Administration, the carrier rocket used to launch the spacecraft has naturally attenuated through the orbital height, and finally enters the atmosphere for destruction. This is the current international situation. The prevailing practice on the Internet.
She said that on April 29, Beijing time, after the Long March 5B Yao-2 launch vehicle successfully sent the space station's sky and core module into the scheduled orbit, the Chinese government has always paid great attention to the reentry of the final stage of its rocket.
It is understood that the final stage of the rocket has adopted passivation treatment technology, and it will not explode in orbit to generate space debris. Most of the components of the final stage are ablated and destroyed during re-entry into the atmosphere, causing damage to aviation activities and the ground. The probability of harm is extremely small.
During the re-entry process, China has always closely followed the re-entry trajectory and issued an announcement on the re-entry situation in advance.
She introduced that at 10:24 on May 9th, after monitoring and analysis, the rocket's final stage wreckage had re-entered the atmosphere and fell into the surrounding waters at 72.47° east longitude and 2.65° north latitude. So far, there has been no report of harm to the ground.
Hua Chunying said that in fact, China has shared the results of reentry predictions through international cooperation mechanisms, and China has always carried out peaceful use of outer space activities in accordance with international law and international practices.
We are willing to carry out broader international exchanges and cooperation with other countries on the issue of space debris to ensure the long-term sustainability of outer space activities.
"But I also want to say that some American media and some people obviously have double standards on this issue." Hua Chunying said, "In March of this year, a rocket wreck in the United States fell to a farm in the United States. At that time, the American media used romantic vocabulary such as shooting stars to light up the night sky and dazzling light shows to describe and render, but once they came to China, they were completely different."
She pointed out that some media concerns about the re-entry of China's rocket wreckage are unnecessary.
It is reported that since the launch of the first artificial satellite more than 60 years ago, there has never been a case of human being hit by a wreckage. American experts also said that the probability of a person being hit by a rocket wreckage is about one in a billion. Matters with a small probability should be handled by professional departments and people. The media does not need to overstate and create panic.