In Belgium, the terraces of cafés and restaurants opened on Saturday after a long break.

Due to the new restrictions, the cafés will be open from 08:00 to 22:00.

However, not everything went to the pipeline in the country’s capital, Brussels.

A large number of people ignored all restrictions and drifted into clashes with police, according to The Brussels Times, among others.

Belgium has had a curfew, which was lifted on Friday at midnight.

However, gathering restrictions of ten people still apply.

After a long curfew, young people in particular gathered to meet others, despite restrictions on gathering. Photo: YVES HERMAN / Reuters

Some sort of informal gathering of people opposed to coronation had been organized in Brussels on the church square of the Eglise Sainte-Croix.

In front of the church in the center, 1,000 to 1,500 people eventually gathered to hang out in the markets and drink their own drinks without masks.

In addition to this, fireworks had been arranged in front of the lake next to the church.

Meininki was partly defiant, and the restrictions didn't seem to weigh. Photo: YVES HERMAN / Reuters

Police, according to The Brussels Times, tried to negotiate for a while without success so that people could leave their homes.

The riot police then began firing with water cannons and tear gas to stop the incident.

People responded to police water cannons by throwing bottles at police officers, among other things.

Police tried unsuccessfully to negotiate so that people could leave the market for their homes. Photo: YVES HERMAN / Reuters

This is not the first time that police have used water cannons in Belgium.

On May Day, for example, riot police dispersed the crowd with tear gas and water cannons.

  • Unauthorized festivities get out of hand in Brussels - riot police disperse the crowd with tear gas and water cannons

Also in the city of Leuven, police had to close the Oude Markt square with the longest bar terrace in the world.

The maximum allowable crowd was briskly exceeded and police set a stop for the evening.

- There were so many people that it forced us to close the square, said police spokesman Mathieu Caudron.

- No one has been fined so far, Caudron calmed down.