Magdeburg (dpa / sa) - Because they are said to have killed a 58-year-old, from today (9:30 a.m.) a 21 and a 22-year-old man must answer before the Magdeburg district court.
They are said to have damaged a car parked near a hotel in Osterweddingen near Magdeburg on October 16 last year.
When the later victim wanted to confront the accused, they are said to have beaten the man to death.
During the investigation, both men remained silent, they are currently in custody, as the regional court announced.
The case is being heard by the juvenile criminal chamber because the now 21-year-old was 20 years old at the time of the offense and was thus an adolescent under the Juvenile Court Act.
Depending on the level of development, juvenile or adult criminal law is applied.
If the accused were convicted of murder under adult criminal law, they would face life imprisonment, according to the court.
The maximum youth penalty is ten years.
The trial was originally scheduled to begin on April 12th.
However, it had to be postponed due to corona and quarantine cases at the regional court.
© dpa-infocom, dpa: 210422-99-313664 / 2
Information on the Magdeburg Regional Court on the process