Bremen (dpa / lni) - A 55-year-old was electrocuted in an office building in Bremen on Wednesday.

A firefighter who was summoned was also electrocuted and had to be reanimated, as a fire department spokesman said on Wednesday evening.

He was admitted to hospital with serious injuries.

In the building with the doctor's office, a door was energized on Wednesday afternoon, according to the information for a previously unknown cause.

Several people who heard the incident had to be given psychological care - including the 55-year-old's daughter.

He died immediately after the rescue workers arrived at the scene of the accident.

Eight children were saved.

At first it was suspected that the door of a room in which the children were staying was also under tension.

The children could be made to stay away from the door via voice contact and were then rescued by the emergency services via a turntable ladder over the window.


© dpa-infocom, dpa: 210414-99-206470 / 3