The Atomic Energy Organization of Iran (IAEO) said on Sunday that a terrorist attack has been carried out on the country’s Natanz nuclear facility.

The announcement came hours after the power outage at the plant was reported.

The accident at the Natanz plant came just a day after Iran announced it would begin enriching uranium at the plant with advanced centrifuges.

IAEO chief Ali Akbar Salehi said Sunday that the attack was backed by opponents of Iran’s industrial and political development aimed at preventing the country’s nuclear industry from developing.

Salehi did not refer to any single state.

Israeli journalist Amichai Stein wrote on Twitter that the attack on the Natanz facility would be backed by a cyber attack by Israel.

Stein did not provide any evidence for his claim.

Iranian President Hasan Ruhani was at the Natanz facility on Saturday to inaugurate the new centrifuges.

Ruhani assured at the time that Iran’s nuclear program was peaceful.

There was an explosion at the Natanz plant last July and Iranian authorities accused the act of sabotaging by terrorists.

Iran’s nuclear program has suffered setbacks over the years, and last November, Iranian nuclear researcher Mohsen Fakhrizadeh was killed when his car was attacked on a highway outside the Iranian capital, Tehran.

The continuation of the nuclear agreement is being negotiated in Vienna

The continuation of the Iranian nuclear deal is currently being negotiated in Vienna.

According to the parties, the negotiations that started on Tuesday have started well.

The United States is not participating in the negotiations directly, but through the EU.

The United States has hinted that it is ready to lift sanctions on Iran.

Iran has stressed that it will not retreat from its uranium enrichment until the United States lifts sanctions.

The United States withdrew from the nuclear deal in 2018 under the leadership of ex-President Donald Trump.

Current President Joe Biden, for his part, has expressed a desire to return to the agreement.