China News Service, April 9th. According to Korean media reports on the 9th, Samsung Electronics Vice Chairman Lee Jae-yong, who was serving his sentence before, was sent to the doctor for surgery due to a sudden appendicitis.

The Seoul Detention Center has accepted the hospital’s suggestion to extend the length of hospitalization, and Lee Jae-yong will therefore postpone his return to the detention center.

  According to news from the South Korean legal community on the 8th, Samsung Seoul Hospital had stated that Samsung Electronics' vice chairman Lee Jae-yong, who underwent appendicitis surgery on March 19, needed a three-week treatment. Recently, he once again advised him to receive another ten days of hospitalization.

  According to the report, the Seoul Detention Center accepts the opinion of the hospital and will observe the treatment status until next week to discuss the date when Lee Jae-yong returns to the detention center.

Data map: Lee Jae-yong, vice chairman of South Korea's Samsung Group.

  As a result, Li Zairong, who originally planned to return to the prison on April 9 to serve his sentence, was able to postpone his return to the detention center.

  Lee Jae-yong is the only son of Lee Kang-hee, the chairman of Samsung Group.

Since Li Jianxi fell ill and was admitted to the hospital in 2014, Li Jayong has become the actual controller of the group.

In October 2020, Li Jianxi passed away.

  Lee Jae-yong was indicted in February 2017 for being involved in the scandal of former South Korean President Park Geun-hye's "confidentiality in politics".

  Li Zairong was sentenced to 5 years in prison in the first instance, and 2 years and 6 months in prison in the second instance, suspended for 4 years, and released.

In 2019, the South Korean Supreme Court sent the case back for retrial.

In October 2020, the Seoul High Court initiated a retrial of the case.

On December 30, 2020, South Korean prosecutors asked the court to sentence Lee Zayong to 9 years in prison.

  On January 18, 2021, the Seoul High Court sentenced Lee Jae-yong to 2 years and 6 months in prison, and he was arrested in court.