Kulmbach (dpa / lby) - In a fire in a semi-detached house in Kulmbach, Upper Franconia, three people were slightly injured.

In addition, a dog died on Easter Sunday as a result of smoke poisoning, as the police announced on Monday.

A 37-year-old man wanted to charge the battery of a cordless screwdriver that evening.

Shortly thereafter, the battery exploded and the fire spread over the entire ground floor.

The man and his two children were taken to a hospital as a precaution because of the inhaled smoke gas.

During the fire, there were two dogs in the house, one of which could be rescued while the other died.

The police are currently assuming a technical defect as the cause of the fire.

The property damage was initially put at 100,000 euros.

The fire brigade quickly brought the fire under control and prevented it from spreading to the neighboring semi-detached house.


© dpa-infocom, dpa: 210405-99-87834 / 2