Celle (dpa / lni) - According to previous findings, a bottle of nail polish remover and a cigarette butt caused a fire in an apartment building in Celle - with two injured.

The resident of the apartment where the fire broke out said the bottle of nail polish remover fell and broke.

In fright, he dropped his cigarette into the pool, whereupon there was a flame, the police said.

The apartment building was evacuated because of the fire on Thursday evening.

A 79-year-old resident and a 63-year-old resident suffered mild smoke inhalation.

The resident of the apartment on fire, which was completely destroyed, was uninjured.

According to the police, the total damage amounts to at least 50,000 euros.

It is being investigated for negligent arson.


© dpa-infocom, dpa: 210319-99-883844 / 2