Stade (dpa / lni) - A total of 15 people suffered smoke poisoning in a fire in an apartment building in Stade early on Saturday morning.

According to initial estimates, the fire also caused property damage of around 100,000 euros, according to a police spokesman.

According to this, a 22-year-old resident of the house probably left his food on the stove, which caught fire and set the kitchen on fire.

The 22-year-old's apartment on the second floor of the house was initially uninhabitable after the fire.

© dpa-infocom, dpa: 210306-99-711578 / 2