Hamburg (dpa / lno) - Three people were injured in an apartment fire in Hamburg.

Two of them were only slightly injured by the toxic smoke, police said.

The tenant of the burning apartment, however, had to be taken to a hospital.

The fire broke out on Saturday evening for reasons that were not yet clear and the fire brigade was able to put it out.

A family had to be brought to safety via a turntable ladder.

Most of the residents of the house were able to stay in their apartments.

The fire brigade initially gave no information about the amount of damage.

© dpa-infocom, dpa: 210228-99-624861 / 2