According to a study conducted by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), there are rare cases of serious side effects after receiving Pfizer-Bioentech and Modena's COVID-19 vaccine.

On the 19th local time, the CDC announced that it appeared as a result of analyzing cases of side effects after vaccinating Pfizer or Modena in the United States.

CDC researchers analyzed safety-related data registered in the'Vaccine Side Effect Reporting System' (VAERS) from December 14 last year to January 13 this year.

During this period, more than 1,2794,000 doses of vaccine were received in the United States, of which 1.62,000 were enrolled in the system.

The median age of the enrolled vaccinators was 42 years old, of whom 6,994, or 0.4%, reported experiencing side effects after being vaccinated.

Of those who experienced side effects, 90.8%, or 6,354 people, had mild side effects, and the remaining 9.2% (640 people) had serious side effects.

The most common types of side effects were headache (22.4%), fatigue (16.5%), and dizziness (16.5%).

Chills, nausea, muscle pain, fever, and joint pain followed in turn.

Many of the people who complained of side effects were women.

Of those classified as serious side effects, 113 died, of which 65.0%, or 78, were residents in long-term care facilities.

However, the researchers said, "Available information such as death certificates, autopsy reports, medical records, VAERS reports, and clinical findings of medical staff does not suggest any accidental relationship between COVID-19 vaccination and death."

One of the serious allergic reactions, hypersensitivity, was also rare, with only 62 cases.

The incidence of hypersensitivity to this level is in a range similar to that reported with flu vaccination, CDC explained.

(Photo = Getty Image Korea)