Hohenstein (dpa / lsw) - An 82-year-old man lit a cigarette in the Reutlingen district while he was connected to a mobile oxygen device - the man suffered burns.

Due to the concentrated oxygen, there was a deflagration, as a police spokesman said on Sunday.

The man, who lives in a nursing home in Hohenstein, caught fire briefly on Saturday afternoon, according to the police, but nurses were able to extinguish him quickly.

The senior suffered minor injuries to his head and face.

© dpa-infocom, dpa: 210131-99-240534 / 2