Indian media: India announced that it will permanently ban 59 Chinese apps, including Baidu, UC browser, etc.
[Global Network Report] Based on news from the "Times of India", Reuters and other foreign media on the 26th, the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology of India issued the latest notice that will permanently ban 59 Chinese mobile phone applications in June this year, including TikTok. Version), Baidu, Wechat (WeChat) and UC browser, etc.
India's Livemint network quoted a source as saying that the notice was issued last week.
According to The Times of India, the permanent ban was issued by officials of the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology of India "dissatisfied" with these Chinese companies in response to various queries raised by the Indian government, including their data collection and data. Processing methods, and issues surrounding data security and privacy.
The Times of India also mentioned this in its report, saying that since June last year, the Indian government has taken "unprecedented" actions on 267 applications (different batches).
The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology of India announced on June 29 last year that 59 Chinese applications including TikTok, WeChat, and Weibo were banned.
On July 28, the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology of India stated that the Indian government had decided to launch the second round of banning Chinese Internet programs, which involved programs developed by 47 Chinese companies.
On September 2 of the same year, the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology of India issued an announcement, announcing the ban on 118 Chinese mobile phone applications such as Baidu search.
On November 24, the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology of India issued another announcement, announcing the ban on 43 Chinese-backed mobile phone applications such as AliExpress and Dingding.
In response to this, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Zhao Lijian said at the time that China expressed serious concern about the relevant Indian statement.
The Chinese Embassy in India has also issued a statement on this issue. Since June, the Indian side has used the so-called maintenance of national security as an excuse for four consecutive times to ban mobile applications with Chinese background.
The relevant practices obviously violate market principles and WTO rules, and seriously damage the legitimate rights and interests of Chinese enterprises. China firmly opposes this.
The spokesperson of the Chinese Embassy in India, Ji Rong, also said that China firmly opposes India’s repeated use of “national security” as an excuse to ban mobile applications with Chinese background. Ji Rong said that the Chinese government has always required Chinese overseas companies to abide by international rules, operate legally and compliantly, and respect public order and good customs. It is hoped that India can provide fair, just, and non-discriminatory operations for market entities from all countries, including China, to invest and operate in India. Business environment and correct this discriminatory practice that violates WTO rules. Ji Rong said that China and India do not pose threats to each other and are opportunities for development. The two sides should, on the basis of dialogue and consultation, return China-India economic and trade relations to the right path of mutual benefit and win-win results.