Ribnitz-Damgarten (dpa / mv) - A man died in a fire in a single-family house in the village of Grünheide (Vorpommern-Rügen district).

For an unexplained cause, there was heavy smoke development on Saturday night on the ground floor of the family house, the police said.

The 53-year-old resident noticed this and tried to save his 82-year-old father from the house.

Because of the poor visibility and the smoke, he had to abort the rescue attempt and informed the fire department.

She found a dead person in the house who, according to the police, is probably the father.

The 53-year-old suffered mild smoke inhalation and was taken to hospital.

The property damage amounts to approximately 50,000 euros.

© dpa-infocom, dpa: 210123-99-138606 / 2


Police notice