Mainz (dpa / lrs) - The computer attacks on the most important learning platform in Rhineland-Palatinate continue this week, according to State Secretary for Education Hans Beckmann (SPD).
Nevertheless, the Moodle system is already running significantly better than last week, said Beckmann on Tuesday in the education committee of the Rhineland-Palatinate state parliament.
"I very much hope that we will soon get these problems completely under control."
The education policy spokeswoman for the CDU parliamentary group, Anke Beilstein, accused the Ministry of Education of not having prepared the start of distance learning well enough.
"It was a mess with an announcement," said Beilstein.
There are many commercial providers who could set up protection against such attacks.
"Of course not everything went perfectly," said the director of the State Education Institute, Birgit Pikowsky, at the start of distance learning on January 4th.
As in Rhineland-Palatinate, there have been attacks on learning platforms in all countries in the past few days.
During the DDoS (Distributed Denial of Service) attack on the Moodle system in Rhineland-Palatinate, the web servers were flooded with up to 10,000 accesses per second and thus paralyzed.
In the past week, filter systems were set up to repel the attacks.
The conditions for distance learning have been continuously improved, said Pikowsky.
The number of Moodle users rose from around 213,000 on January 4th to 309,000 on January 11th, and that of video conferencing users with the Big Blue Button system from 120,000 to 222,000 over the same period.