Berlin (dpa / bb) - A Christmas tree caught fire in an apartment in Berlin-Kreuzberg on Christmas Eve.

The apartment owner came to a hospital - he had initially tried to put out the fire himself and suffered minor burns, as a fire department spokesman said on Friday.

With around ten people, the fire on the fourth floor was quickly extinguished.

The tree was decorated with candles.

Shortly before midnight, the fire brigade was on another fire in an apartment.

According to the fire brigade, furnishings were burning in Köpenick.

The flames therefore spread to the roof box.

One person was slightly injured and treated on site.

The fire was extinguished with around 25 people.