Ratingen (dpa / lnw) - A woman was slightly injured in a fire in a retirement home in Ratingen (Mettmann district).

Shortly after midnight, a fire alarm system was triggered, as the fire department announced on Monday morning.

Rescue workers rescue a sleeping resident from her room.

There they discovered a coffee machine and a kettle that had caught fire on a hotplate that was switched on.

The resident was taken to hospital on suspicion of slight smoke inhalation.

Press release from the fire brigade