On Wednesday, the Public Prosecution Service (OM) demanded nine years in prison against Shehzad H. for having his now six-year-old daughter Insiya kidnapped to India in 2016. The man is in India with the girl and was not represented by a lawyer. .

His cousin Imran S., who was also not present and was not represented by a lawyer, was demanded four years in prison.

He is seen by the Public Prosecution Service (OM) as one of the executors of the kidnapping.

The men are prosecuted in absentia.

According to the public prosecutor, the men have not been heard from.

Extradition of the suspects by Iraq and India respectively has been refused.

The then two-year-old girl was violently taken from her grandmother's house in Amsterdam on September 29, 2016.

In 2019, the court ruled that six people had taken the girl away on behalf of H. and against payment.

They were sentenced to more than four years.

Five of them have appealed.

According to the Public Prosecution Service, documents found show how sophisticated the plan was to kidnap Insiya and a budget had also been drawn up to cover the costs.

"He had to and would have Insiya", said the public prosecutor about H. who, in the eyes of the Public Prosecution Service, played in his own court.

"Insensitive to the consequences for his daughter and those for his stepdaughter and her other relatives."

See also: Suspect wrote 'military plan' for kidnapping Insiya (4)

Mother hasn't seen daughter in four years

Insiya eventually flew to India and still resides there.

Her mother emotionally told the court that she had not seen her daughter for four years.

"The big question remains whether I will ever see her again," said the woman who says that all legal remedies have now been used.

The woman has been fighting for her right to see Insiya for years and has been proven in the right several times.

In March of this year, the Amsterdam Court of Appeal ruled that H. definitely no longer has custody of the child.

Against all agreements, H. refuses to allow his daughter to have contact with her mother via Skype.

The girl's mother hopes that the Dutch government will make more efforts to bring Insiya to the Netherlands.

The court will rule on October 12.