Clément Follain / 20 Minutes
A 39-year-old man was arrested overnight from Tuesday to Wednesday, in Roubaix, for death threats, harassment and degradation.
The victim, his ex-partner, had filed about fifteen complaints for a year, said the Lille prosecutor's office.
Claire, 35 and a saleswoman in Tourcoing, testified at the end of August to AFP, explaining that she had filed about fifteen complaints against her ex since their separation in the spring of 2019. Initially, these complaints were aimed at a flood of calls , malicious messages, death threats and damage to property, especially vehicles.
More recently, another complaint concerned the gasoline spill and the burning of the door to his house.
Contacted by other alleged victims of this man
In August, exasperated, the victim had published the photo of his smashed windshield then that of his attacker, in two publications on Facebook.
She says she has since received testimonies from several other former companions of this man, also victims.
The accused, without a fixed address, was known to the courts.
He “had been wanted since March 2020 […] A search warrant had been issued against him by the Lille public prosecutor's office, as well as numerous requisitions to allow his location.
He was arrested last night in Roubaix, ”the prosecutor said in a message to AFP on Wednesday morning.
"The victim is the subject of personalized support," said the same source.
Contacted Wednesday, the young woman said she was "relieved" of this arrest, now waiting "to see what will be the legal consequences".
Moselle: Sentenced for having sent more than 5,000 SMS to his ex-girlfriend
Brazil: An algorithm to limit harassment and sexual assault in VTC