Xinhua News Agency, Tunisia, August 24 (Reporter Pan Xiaojing) News from Tripoli: The spokesperson of the armed "National Army" in eastern Libya, Ahmed Mismaili, said on the 24th that the Prime Minister of the Libyan National Unity Government, Saraje, had previously talked about the ceasefire and the holding The election initiative belongs to "media marketing".
Mismaili said at a press conference in Benghazi, the eastern city of Libya: “The agreement signed by Saraje is for media marketing. Currently in Sirte, a project with the'National Army' is under way. Target military mobilization and equipment transportation operations."
Mismaili also said that in the past 24 hours, the "National Army" spotted Turkish ships and frigates heading towards Sirte. He stated that the "National Army" is ready to counter any attacks in Sirte and Jufra.
Saraje announced the implementation of a comprehensive ceasefire in the country on the 21st of this month and called for presidential and parliamentary elections to be held in March next year. The President of the Libyan National Congress Isa also issued a statement on the same day in support of the ceasefire and the holding of elections.
After the Gaddafi regime was overthrown in 2011, the two major forces in Libya confronted each other separately. The national unity government and the armed forces that support it control the capital, Tripoli and other western regions, and are supported by Turkey, Qatar and other countries; the National Congress and the "National Army" allied to control the eastern and central regions, major southern cities, and some western cities. Supported by Russia, Saudi Arabia and other countries. Since April last year, the "National Army" has launched military operations against Tripoli and fought with the National Unity Government forces. Currently, the two warring parties are facing off in the central city of Sirte.