Firefighters from Loire-Atlantique, here in Nantes. - F. Brenon / 20Minutes
A terrible accident occurred Sunday afternoon, around 1:20 p.m., in Saint-Julien-de-Concelles (Loire-Atlantique), east of Nantes. Firefighters were called in urgently to rescue a 17-month-old boy who was badly burned by a barbecue.
The young victim was shot in the face and body. His family was enjoying lunch near the Chêne lake. The child was transported in serious condition to the Nantes University Hospital.
There are many barbecue accidents every summer.
Saint-Herblain: Firefighters intervene at the Bourgonnière swimming pool for irritating fumes
Loire-Atlantique: A 14-year-old boy drowns in a pond